Friday, February 26, 2010

Road Trip to West Texas

On Wednesday, I took a quick road trip to San Angelo to watch one of my campers from Kanakuk play in her Quarterfinal Basketball game. It was so fun and I am so thankful the Lord provided the opportunity to go. At this point in life, it's difficult to stay up-to-date with all my campers and friends at that so any chance I get, I take it. With Sally having her game, I knew we wouldn't have a whole lot of time to get to hang out and really catch up, but no matter what I wanted to support her and celebrate this time with her.

Sally and I
I met up with her precious mom and grandma at Sally's house. Sally stopped by just for a few minutes before her game. Soon it was 6:30pm and game time in San Angelo! It was AWESOME!! Watching Sally in her element brings on a whole new persepective. I loved watching her step into her leadership role as she lead her team to a victory. She was amazing! They won their basketball game and advanced to the Regional 2A tournament in Midland. One more round and they are headed to Austin for State Championship! Yay!

Here are a few pics: 

Even though it was a quick trip, it was so worth it! What an honor it has been to walk next to Sally up to this point. I was blown away at the person she has become. And I feel so privileged that I have gotten to be a small part of her life. God has been so gracious in all of this and He continues to bless our frienship year after year. I couldn't be more proud of her and excited for all that is to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment